Re: [CarFree] any non-drivers?

  • Whitney Turner
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 8, 2000
      I don't have *any* affiliation with Jandd, aside from being a very satisfied
      customer...

      Go to http://www.jandd.com/ and order a catalog. Go to your local bike shop and
      demand that they sell you what you want. Hopefully there's a Jandd dealer in
      the area already - if not, you can make a convert.

      If you don't have a pile of cash to spend on cloth panniers, go to
      http://www.olywa.net/leveen/cobbworks.html and order a set of bucket panniers -
      *waterproof* and cheap. Very nice, too, and you can put bumper stickers on
      them.

      Come to think of it, I don't have any affiliation with Cobbworks, either, but I
      did pattern my homemade bucket panniers on his....

      Whitney Turner

      Louisd75@... wrote:

      > From: Louisd75@...
      <snip>

      --
      Every time I see an adult on a bicycle,
      I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 8, 2000
        Life Beyond Cars" profiles a number of people who live outside cities
        and do not/cannot drive.

        is this a book ? Is it on the web?

        I roller skate I ride my bike don't ride no car
        don't go too fast but I go pretty far.
        CarFree and Proud to be
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 9, 2000
          On 8 Mar 00, at 21:22, buddhabuddha@... wrote:

          > Life Beyond Cars" profiles a number of people who live outside cities
          > and do not/cannot drive.
          >
          > is this a book ?

          Yes, a small one.

          > Is it on the web?

          No, but you can buy a copy from A to B magazine in something like
          the merchandise section. http://www.a2bmagazine.demon.co.uk
          The site has much useful advice, though some of this may be
          difficult in many parts of North America.

          The magazine is a good read for those who have a car
          minimised/free life.

          David Hansen | davidh@... | PGP email preferred
          Edinburgh | CI$ number 100024,3247 | key number F566DA0E