Re: FWD: Conserve gasoline.

  • Whitney Turner
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2000
      OK - I'll stop putting gasoline all over my bike....

      This "movement" is the whining of spoiled wussies. Go to Europe or Japan and
      buy your gas, *then* whine.

      There is a perception in American culture that it is possible to buy safety. So
      we have these brutally heavy cars that suck vast quantities of gas and can be
      run into other cars with impunity. Instead, mandate *real* driver training and
      sell everyone cheap little cars that go well with 600cc motors, just like the
      Japanese do. Make driving a revocable privelege, not a de facto right.

      Have a car-free day!

      Whitney

      Brad Teubner wrote:

      > From: Brad Teubner <teubner@...>
      >
      > Try it for 3 days. Next month try it for 4 days. etc.
      > Brad Teubner
      >
      > Last year on April 30,1999, a gas out was staged across Canada and the U.S.
      > to bring the price of gas down, and it worked. It's time to do something
      > about it again.

      <snip>

      --
      Every time I see an adult on a bicycle,
      I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2000
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2000
          But I WANT gas prices to go up.
          It's the only way people will drive less.

          =====
          And thank you for bicycling!

          Lauren Cooper, CycleMedia
          Transportation Cycling