GAS OUT Reprise

  • jym@econet.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 29 10:43 PM
      > Last year on April 30,1999, a gas out was staged across Canada
      > and the U.S. to bring the price of gas down, and it worked.

      =v= In their dreams.

      > It's time to do something about it again.

      =v= The only thing I liked about last year's was that it was on
      the last Friday of the month, which is when Critical Mass is
      held in many cities (including mine):

      http://www.critical-mass.org/

      We buzzed through some gas stations, yelling, "GAS OUT Every
      Day!!!"

      =v= The GAS OUT has got to be the most idiotic strategy for
      a boycott that I've ever heard of. Stock up on extra gas
      beforehand? Wow, the oil companies must be shaking in their
      boots. (The whole thing was started by some guy who'd just
      bought a great big SUV and was shocked! SHOCKED! to find that
      it cost so much to fill it up. Like I said, idiotic.)

      =v= And even if it did work, I wouldn't want it to. I'm GLAD
      gas prices are up. Perhaps I should have a Great American GAS
      UP, telling people to drive more to keep the prices high? Since
      I don't have a car, perhaps I should just buy it and burn it in
      the back yard?
      <_Jym_>

      Don't ::: Jym Dyer ::: http://www.things.org/~jym/ ::: ::::
      Fossil :: jym@... :: "My other car is :::: ==`\(x ::
      Fool :::::::::::::::::::::: also a bicycle." :::: O-/ `O ::

      "In other words, SUV drivers are dumb.
      They hate the planet. And they hate you."
      -- Ted Rall