FWD: Conserve gasoline.

  • Brad Teubner
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 29, 2000
      Try it for 3 days. Next month try it for 4 days. etc.
      Brad Teubner

      Last year on April 30,1999, a gas out was staged across Canada and the U.S.
      to bring the price of gas down, and it worked. It's time to do something
      about it again.

      Only this time lets make it for three days instead of just one.

      The so-called oil cartel decided to slow production to drive up gasoline
      prices. Lets see how many Canadian\American people we can get to ban
      together for a three day period in
      April, NOT TO BUY ANY GASOLINE, during those three days.

      LETS HAVE A GAS OUT. Do not buy any gasoline from APRIL 7, 2000, THROUGH
      APRIL 9, 2000.

      Buy what you need before the dates listed above, or after, but try not to
      buy any during the GAS OUT.

      If you want to help, just send this to everyone you know and ask them to do
      the same. We brought the prices down once before, and we can do it again.
      Come on North America
      lets stand together.

      WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!!

      Even if you receive this 100 times keep passing it around, this way you know
      everyone is being informed and no one will forget!!!!!
    • Whitney Turner
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2000
        OK - I'll stop putting gasoline all over my bike....

        This "movement" is the whining of spoiled wussies. Go to Europe or Japan and
        buy your gas, *then* whine.

        There is a perception in American culture that it is possible to buy safety. So
        we have these brutally heavy cars that suck vast quantities of gas and can be
        run into other cars with impunity. Instead, mandate *real* driver training and
        sell everyone cheap little cars that go well with 600cc motors, just like the
        Japanese do. Make driving a revocable privelege, not a de facto right.

        Have a car-free day!

        Whitney

        Brad Teubner wrote:

        > From: Brad Teubner <teubner@...>
        >
        > Try it for 3 days. Next month try it for 4 days. etc.
        > Brad Teubner
        >
        > Last year on April 30,1999, a gas out was staged across Canada and the U.S.
        > to bring the price of gas down, and it worked. It's time to do something
        > about it again.

        <snip>

        --
        Every time I see an adult on a bicycle,
        I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2000
          > Try it for 3 days. Next month try it for 4 days. etc.
          > Brad Teubner
          >

          > Last year on April 30,1999, a gas out was staged across Canada and the
          U.S.
          > to bring the price of gas down, and it worked. It's time to do something
          > about it again.
          >
          > Only this time lets make it for three days instead of just one.

          Er, if this tactic succeeds and petrol prices are reduced, won't this
          actually encourage MORE car use?

          Dare I suggest that what America needs is higher oil prices! This would
          encourage the use of foot, bike, LRT, electrified rail services etc, as an
          alternative to the car.

          JOHN BOURN
        • Lauren Cooper
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1, 2000
            But I WANT gas prices to go up.
            It's the only way people will drive less.

            =====
            And thank you for bicycling!

            Lauren Cooper, CycleMedia
            Transportation Cycling