Re: Re: Ridin' the Rain

  • pat
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 4, 1999
      Francyne,
      Hey, I found the url for that clothing. Thanks for the info.
      Pat

      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 4, 1999
        buddha,
        I sent it once, it must not have come through. It was www.agu.com
        Pat

        buddhabuddha@... wrote:

        > From: buddhabuddha@...
        >
        > So are you going to keep the URL a secreat share share share
        >
        > buddha
        >
        > I roller skate I ride my bike don't ride no car
        > don't go too fast but I go pretty far.
        > CarFree and Proud to be

        > MAXIMIZE YOUR CARD, MINIMIZE YOUR RATE!
        > Apply NOW!
        >
        > Shortcut URL to this page:
        > http://www.onelist.com/community/CarFree
      • Lauren Cooper
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 28, 2000
          What with the global warming, February now brings us nice warm spring
          rains in Virginia. I rode home last nite in a lite shower, which I
          always really enjoy. Seems like the roads are quieter, traffic less
          aggressive, and the rain and mist seems to muffle the highway noise to
          some extent. My windbreaker sheds enough rain that I stay dry.

          One of my favorite weathers is riding in summer thunderstorms. The
          wind blows the trees, the clouds are bursting and swollen blue, and the
          sky too gorgeous for words. I've never heard of anyone being zapped by
          lightning while on a bike; I think the combination of being a bit away
          from the trees, yet not generally exposed, and the rubber cushion from
          the ground, and being a moving target, all help.

          People always imagine that it must be awful. It certainly looks so
          from behind a windshield. But when you're in it, with some care to
          wear sufficient clothing, the beauty and joy are manifest. These
          people will never know, because they will never try it. Their
          imaginations have defeated them. They are imprisoned by their
          pollution box, and can't even imagine a better way anymore. How sad
          for them.

          =====
          And thank you for bicycling!

          Lauren Cooper, CycleMedia
          Transportation Cycling
          Bicycle-Based Businesses
          Charlottesville, Virginia
          http://im.yahoo.com
        • buddhabuddha@webtv.net
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 28, 2000
            Thank You that was very nice now I can't wait for the storms. Tampa is
            the lightning capital of the US''

            buddha

            I roller skate I ride my bike don't ride no car
            don't go too fast but I go pretty far.
            CarFree and Proud to be

            [This message contained attachments]
          • FolderPete@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 28, 2000
              In a message dated 2/28/00 12:28:46 PM Pacific Standard Time,
              cyclemedia@... writes:

              > rode home last nite in a lite shower, which I
              > always really enjoy. Seems like the roads are quieter, traffic less

              Here in San Francisco it has been raining pretty regular for the last month
              and a half.

              When I stopped using my truck on Dec 1st last, the expected rain didn't
              materialize for weeks. Seemed like I was getting special treatment,
              specially since last year I didn't commute for almost four months due to
              threat of weather.

              Now that I must confront the weather, it is not too bad at all. Dry shoes
              (and socks) are better than wet ones. Plastic grocery bags will do the
              trick, and I can stuff em under the seat to be always handy. Rubber bands
              help.

              I do enjoy the freshness in the air, the feeling of newness as the rain lets
              up. And even the downpours (which usually last only 15-20 min) can be fun.
              Jsut bring dry socks. Khakis dry off pretty quick. Its those shoes that
              will leave ya miserable thru the 'day'.

              But I wanted to mention Richard Henry Dana's novel "Two Years Before The
              Mast" about a sea trip to California in the 1830s. Those dudes stayed W E T
              (and cold) the whole trip around the Horn. Realizing that, I feel like a
              piker sniveling about a wet 8-hour shift. We have so many comforts available
              to us (I use latex dishwater gloves -- sometimes with cotton liners -- and
              they work pretty gud)

              Ya never realize how much metal there is in the roadway until it rains. Be
              car-less, and care-full.
              FP
            • Bob Eltgroth

                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 2, 2000