Re: A question

  • John Snyder
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 6, 2002
      Larrisa wrote:

      > Isn't that what we do when we work? I give up one hour of a fine
      > Sunday morning to listen to a kid play the piano and correct his
      > errors. He gives me $x (for some value of x). According to me and
      > to the kid's parents, one hour of my life is worth that $x.
      > According to the company at which I am currently employed, one hour
      > of my life is worth $y. What's so hard about it?

      I think that your explanation has widespread acceptance as being
      the normal state of affairs. Also think that it has recently
      evolved ( or resurfaced from the depths of history ) within
      the post-industrialized societies in only the past 20 years.

      I'd rather be free. That's a pun, btw. :)

      John Snyder