Re: [CF] Taking cab for 1st time -- advice?

  • Susan Lewis
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2002
      From: greenjeans43606
      To: CarFree@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 9:05 AM
      Subject: [CF] Taking cab for 1st time -- advice?

      Just a couple questions: how far ahead do you
      call in advance when you want a ride? And how much do you tip the
      cab driver? I just need to get a clue before I do this. Thanks in
      advance for suggestions.

      Greenjeans

      I would call and make a reservation around 4PM. You could call and confirm it about an hour in advance. Eventually you'll find out which companies have the most reliable service. The one I call where I live has never forgotten me and has never been late. They've been early, but waited pretty patiently. I have had trouble when I've wanted to go somewhere at night and didn't call several hours in advance. In those cases, there were events going on downtown and I couldn't get a cab to come uptown without a reservation.

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      To change your settings or read the CarFree archive:
      For problems email=> CarFree-owners@yahoogroups.com

    • greenjeans43606
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6, 2002
        Thanks again for your replies, everyone. I was totally clueless that
        some of you rode that late in the evening. I guess the reason why I
        called cycling at that time "risky" was because there were a couple
        bars/taverns in the vicinity and I worry about contending with the
        weekend drunks.

        Getting around is still a bit of a struggle for me. Although I've
        shown that my driving skills aren't very good (I found driving even
        in moderate city traffic really stressful and nerve-wracking), I
        would like to think that I can still do a lot on my own despite my
        limitations. It's getting better, and I think I can push my
        boundaries some more.

        Greenjeans