taking a cab

  • JA Stoloff
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2002

      In most areas, cabs are notorious for not responding to calls. I
      recommend calling the same day you need the ride at least an hour ahead of
      time. In some places (like where I live, DC), the call will mean you pay
      an extra fee, but it should be small. I don't recommend calling the day
      before--they will forget about you. You can tell them when you want the
      ride, but don't count on them actually getting there on time. After the
      first ride, you can arrange with the driver to pick you up again the next
      day. This will be more reliable than the call.

      Tip--about 15% should be fine. 20% if you really like the driver.

      Oh, and don't expect the ride to be less scary than the bad driving of
      your co-workers!

      ~j