Car-Free Getaway near Portland (Oregon)?

    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2002
      =v= Once again, at the risk of posting something that's actually
      ON-TOPIC for this list ...

      =v= I read an online comic strip drawn by a guy in Portland,
      Oregon:

      http://www.brunostrip.com/bruno.html

      He sorta blogs under the strip, and he recently asked this:

      I have a question for those who know the local terrain. I'm
      actually going to take a small mini-vacation this weekend
      with a friend, just get away from the Portland for a bit.
      But we're a bit unsure what to do, go to the coast or up to
      Seattle or where. So i was wondering if any of you have any
      suggestion. The two small stipulations is that it needs to
      be inexpensive and generally bus accessable (read: we have
      no car). Maybe a recommendation for a good and cheap
      bed-and-breakfast by the ocean? Or out in mid-state? Anyhow,
      thought it worth asking.

      =v= Does anyone have answers for this guy?
      <_Jym_>

      http://www.things.org/~jym/ :::: also a bicycle." :: (_)/ (_) ::

      A car, for instance, dead brute, unthinking, an unprogrammed
      bulk, is the greatest destroyer of souls in history.
      -- Ray Bradbury