Robert M. would have posted this anyway....

  • Bill Volk
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2002
      This is the worst driver behavior I have ever heard of....

      http://www.thenewmexicochannel.com/sh/news/stories/nat-news-129101620020307-
      070307.html

      Bill Volk
    • De Clarke
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 7, 2002
        Bill Volk (bvolk@...) wrote:
        > This is the worst driver behavior I have ever heard of....

        almost unbelievable -- I mean, one would not have been surprised
        if it had appeared in the National Enquirer.

        it is interesting to read some of the reader commentary, almost
        all of which focuses on (a) drugs are evil (b) this woman is
        evil and (so far) none I have read talks about (c) cars are
        lethal weapons and most people should not really be waving them
        about in public.

        the last sentence is almost painfully funny -- her legal counsel
        says police are "overreaching" in charging her with murder? imagine
        same story, but with "gun" in place of car. gun owner, drunk and
        drugged, shoots neighbour "accidentally", hides bleeding, suffering
        victim in garage for two days of slow demise. would there be any
        question that this was murder?

        the other creepy thing is that this utterly callous person is (was!)
        a nurse's aide... makes one wonder what happens to patients who
        don't recover fast enough, in that clinic.

        de

        :Mail: de@... | :
        :Web: www.ucolick.org | Don't Fear the Penguins :
        :1024D/B9C9E76E F892 5F17 8E0A F095 05CD EE8B D169 EDAA B9C9 E76E:
      • Alex Valiyaparambil
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 8, 2002
          God help us all.

          I'm actually getting sick just thinking of it.

          Road rage is the tip of the iceberg. Drivers are just plain indifferent
          and always try (both metaphorically and literally) to get away with
          murder if they can.

          My prayers go out to Gregory Biggs and his mother.

          -Alex V.