Re: Amtrak privatization vote

  • 456 jkl
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2002
      Re: the main URL for the vote on Amtrak privatization:
      http://www.pantagraph.com
      If you scroll down you will see the Opinion Poll.

      Re: introduction;
      I have been carfree basically my whole adult life, I am a pedestrian and transit user.

      Sign-up for your own FREE Personalized E-mail at Email.com
      http://www.email.com/?sr=signup
    • De Clarke
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2002
        456 jkl (456jkl@...) wrote:
        > Re: the main URL for the vote on Amtrak privatization:
        > http://www.pantagraph.com
        > If you scroll down you will see the Opinion Poll.

        ah. this is a very different page from the one you originally
        posted:

        http://cgi.pantagraph.com/...

        if you go to cgi.pantagraph.com you will see that it doesn't look
        at all like any newspaper, local or national :-)

        > Re: introduction;
        > I have been carfree basically my whole adult life, I am a pedestrian and transit user.

        I notice that very few people have participated in this poll... but even
        so, the "don't privatize" votes are just barely ahead of the "do privatize".

        de

        :Mail: de@... | :
        :Web: www.ucolick.org | Don't Fear the Penguins :
        :1024D/B9C9E76E F892 5F17 8E0A F095 05CD EE8B D169 EDAA B9C9 E76E:
      • wgilmore@concentric.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 12, 2002
          This list has fallen rather silent. If anyone has posted since March 10th
          and failed to see their post online please contact me offline.

          Meanwhile, just in case this hasn't been received (and also to test the
          list's operation, please be aware that the list will be going down for a
          couple days starting Friday. This is the notice that has been sent out
          from Yahoo.

          gil gilmore
          CarFree List Mom
          === ==== === === === ==== === ==== ====
          The Yahoo! Groups service will be down for scheduled maintenance
          Friday, March 15, 9:00 PM PST (GMT-8) as we move our servers to
          a new facility. We expect the service to be restored the morning of
          Sunday March 17.

          During this time the web site will be unavailable and email will not
          be delivered. (Some users may experience email non-delivery notices
          while the service is down, but all email should be delivered once
          service is resumed.) Please note: once the service is restored, there
          will be email delays due to backlog. We expect these delays to last
          no longer than 1 day. Please do not re-send email to your group as
          this will only add to delays.
          We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

          The Yahoo! Groups Team