Re: Bob Intro

  • buddha
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 9, 2000
      great intro Bob Glad to have you online.
      also another intro mention the problem presented by gated communities.
      what kind of problems do they present and how have any of you worked
      them out?

      buddha

      I roller skate I ride my bike don't ride no car
      don't go to fast but I go pretty far.
      CarFree and Proud to be
    • Bob Eltgroth
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 10, 2000
        On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, buddha wrote:

        > From: buddhabuddha@... (buddha)
        >
        > also another intro mention the problem presented by gated communities.
        > what kind of problems do they present and how have any of you worked
        > them out?

        My ex and my daughter live in a gated community. They gave me the
        combination for the gates so, as a bicyclist, I don't have any more
        problem than any other vehicle. The sensors on the way out do
        recognize a bicycle to open the gate. They have keyed pedestrian gates on
        the periphery which my non-driving daughter gets to use.

        The storage locker that I rent is another story. I'm limited by the hours
        of the pedestrian gate. I can open the vehicle gate going in by
        combination, but the sensors don't recognize a bike to let me out.

        Bob