Thanks and more

  • cpage@paclink.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2000
      re: the "California left turn" - I probably should have specified that the left turn problem
      is almost always on a left turn arrow signal (even cars may not turn left unless the arrow is
      green, unlike a standard signal light). I was informed by a miraculously lenient law
      enforcement official (I usually consider them the gestapo around here but this guy cut me
      some slack) that I would be ticketed unless I used the pedestrian walkways.

      Anyway, I guess I could end up a test case whether I wanted to or not! Yikes! What I will
      do is consult the city about the signal problems and I'll keep you all updated on what I discover.

      I very much appreciate the suggestions thus far. This is a good list.

      re: how'd I find the list - I found it while clicking on a link from a fascinating
      paper on Community Based Economics in the Environmentalism:Red-Green list. I was excited to
      find a car-free area.

      As one writer signed off, "ride on," ditto.

      C:)