Re: [CarFree] Bike stickers?

  • Nancy G.
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 5, 2001
      Auto-Free Times has some good bike stickers. Northern
      Sun has some other good ones too. I have my bike
      coated with them; I figure it is less of a target for
      thieves.
      --- purple_bovine@... wrote:
      > So I was wondering how to be even more annoying to
      > the general
      > public, and figured I might want an anti-oil sticker
      > on my bike or
      > backpack. I already have the time-honored, albeit
      > ungrammatical, "One Less Car". However, I wanted
      > something more
      > specific to the current situation. Does anyone have
      > any
      > suggestions? "Just say no to foreign oil" is the
      > only thing that
      > comes to mind, but that's kind of boring.
      >
      > LM

      Find a job, post your resume.
      http://careers.yahoo.com
    • Ken Kifer
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 6, 2001
        De Clarke wrote:
        Oil is, as Deffeyes points out more than once, far too precious
        to burn. in one poignant and amusing moment he imagines our
        great-grandchildren looking back in shock and horror: "All
        those lovely long carbon chains -- you just *burned* them?"
        Yes, we just burned them. Almost all of them, in only a
        hundred-odd years.

        Ken Kifer replies:
        And why not? It's what we did with most of our virgin forests as well. When
        land was cleared, the trees were cut down and burned on the spot. In some
        instances, the forest was set on fire first to reduce the amount of labor. The
        same process is now taking place in the Amazon. We learn to conserve only when
        we no longer have the resource.
        --
        Ken Kifer's Bike Pages: Over 130 web pages -- touring,
        commuting, health, lifestyle, health, advocacy, skills,
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 12, 2001
          > I wanted something more specific to the current situation.

          =v= "Your gas-guzzling flagmobile is funding terrorist schools
          in the Middle East." (A variation of a friend's reply to a
          red/white/blue-festooned SUV driver/single-occupant who told
          him to get his bike off the road.)
          <_Jym_>
        • purple_bovine@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 12, 2001
            --- In CarFree@y..., Jym Dyer <jym@e...> wrote:
            > > I wanted something more specific to the current situation.
            >
            > =v= "Your gas-guzzling flagmobile is funding terrorist schools
            > in the Middle East." (A variation of a friend's reply to a
            > red/white/blue-festooned SUV driver/single-occupant who told
            > him to get his bike off the road.)
            > <_Jym_>

            My boss told me that as he was walking to his hybrid-electric car in
            a parking lot, some similar type told him "Be American; buy an SUV".
            No, I'm not kidding.

            The rainy season has started here... <sigh> I was caught unprepared,
            and got horrendously wet on my way to work. Time to drag out all the
            rain clothing.

            LM