Re: [CarFree] from "How to Say You're Sorry"

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2001
      > http://www.salon.com/people/feature/2001/08/23/sorry_if/index.html

      =v= Say, that's a really good article in its own right. A funny
      but accurate essay on communication skills.

      | "I'm sorry that you feel that my air-conditioned car has
      | caused hundreds of frog species around the world to go
      | extinct and that woodlands that once throbbed with their
      | gladsome croaking are now silent, but would you please
      | move your bicycle?"

      =v= This is hilarious! The author lives in San Francisco, so
      I have to wonder whether this is based on a real-life situation.
      Some of us S.F. Critical Massers are vehemently pro-frog. I
      sent the author a letter inquiring about this and apologizing
      for those types of bikers. (This is another form of phony
      apology that she didn't cover in her article, heh heh.)
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2001
        =v= Oh, and all this frog stuff reminds me of the scene in
        _The_Muppet_Movie_ where Kermit's trying to ride down the road
        and his bike ends up being squashed:

        "That's pretty dangerous building a road in the middle of the
        street. I mean, if frogs couldn't hop, I'd be gone with the
        Schwinn."
        -- Kermit the Frog

        =v= Also, don't forget Roadkill Bill's new sidekick, Mel the
        Malformed Frog:

        http://www.roadkillbill.com/

        And what the heck, as long as I'm passing out URLs, here's the
        not-so-green part of Germany's red/green coalition griping about
        frogs vs. roads:

        http://www.planetark.org/dailynewsstory.cfm/newsid/12044/story.htm