Coyotes

  • John Snyder
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2001
      A few nights back, a large troop of coyotes danced
      through this wind-swept valley on the northern
      plains. I felt an eery chill while listening to
      primeval yips and howls sizzling through the
      starless night's utter darkness.

      Am sure they would be more than happy to gnaw on
      some canned SPAM. Don't believe a one of them
      worries a cactus needle about how to become
      CARFREE. They already are.
    • Ken Kifer
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2001
        John Snyder wrote:
        A few nights back, a large troop of coyotes danced
        through this wind-swept valley on the northern
        plains. I felt an eery chill while listening to
        primeval yips and howls sizzling through the
        starless night's utter darkness.

        Am sure they would be more than happy to gnaw on
        some canned SPAM. Don't believe a one of them
        worries a cactus needle about how to become
        CARFREE. They already are.

        Ken Kifer replies:
        If they are interested in canned SPAM, I suggest that they open a website, and
        then they will get more than they can digest in their email every day. :)

        Believe it or not, I hear coyotes howling here in Alabama as well. I saw one
        for the first time this last winter, racing uphill at a speed no dog could
        match. The coyote has a skull exactly identical to that of the Red Wolf's, only
        slightly smaller, and the Red Wolf was the native wolf in the South but is now
        almost extinct.
        --
        Ken Kifer's Bike Pages: lifestyle, commuting, touring, health,
        advocacy, humor, and links: http://www.kenkifer.com/bikepages/

        Bicycling Life: The good news about bicycling, with commuting,
        recreation, how to, and safety info: http://www.bicyclinglife.com
      • John Snyder
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2001
          > Believe it or not, I hear coyotes howling here in Alabama as well.

          Believe it. They are resourceful beings. The pack
          I heard other night were heading straight towards a town of
          52,000 humans. Garbage cans, road side trash, park squirrels,
          and small pets left out at night make for fine coyote party
          fare. They are exceptionally intelligent. Never did see a
          coyote squashed on a highway as road kill.