Dawn of a new species?

  • renegadebuddhacoach
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 7, 2001

      Dawn of a new species?

      It is my belief that we are at the cusp; ready to witness the birth of a new species. Darwin’s theory allows for the gradual evolution of a species.  We are seeing that today.

      Pending review by the scientific community I am naming this new species HomoReclines NorthAmericanis. This is at current time a sub-species of HomoErectis but I feel that the behavioral and now physical changes in the new group will soon cross the thresh hold.

      History:

       Man kind for all but the last 200 years has been of  one group, Homoerectis-self propulsion. He walked upright propelled under his own power. He generally stayed in a small communal area but certain nomadic groups were known to range over wide territories. There were certain groups that used domesticated animals to aid in movement but this was in addition to bipedal motion not a replacement for it. These creatures would not think twice about walking distances ten miles or more in the course of the day. The advent of the steam locomotive allowed him to widen his range but did not alter his basic mode of transport. However the invention of the personal automobile started him on the road(no pun intended) to certain evolutionary changes. This has happened most rapidly In North America so I will focus there.

      What are the difference shown by HomoReclines ?

      Behavioral difference are always the first to appear. On my many forays into his habitat I have observed the following. Reclines seldom ventures out into the natural world. He prefers to have some form of shelter between himself and the outdoors. On a recent four hour trip covering some 15 miles I observed only four reclines in the out of doors. These four were all involved with some type of home maintenance within 50 feet of their primary shelter and were clearly uncomfortable They displayed a heighten since of awareness. My attempts to engage them in conversation sent them inside to look for tools or perhaps a weapon. Reclines is known to move over a vast territory but during all of this movement he is enveloped in a machine that is designed to shield him from the outside world. He enters this machine from a specialized structure known as a garage which is attached to his primary dwelling moves out on well maintain paths of asphalt, arrives at his destination, parks the machine and hurries inside. I have observed that he feels very uncomfortable if he cannot find a place within 100 feet of his destination. One Reclines was observed circling for over 15 minutes waiting to pounce on a prime parking space.

      The hallmark of a new species is physical adaptation and Reclines is beginning to display these. He displays an increased amount of body fat, pasty skin tone and an increased proclivity towards violence. Noted anthropologist Richard Simmons has published several documentaries displaying fully evolved Reclines. Some titles include “800 pound women confined to home” and   “Thousand pound man can not move from bed”.

      The self propelled species of human is very rare in North America but I think I am the first to recognize this as a true dawn of a new species.

    • kurtjens@home.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 8, 2001
        And I thought I had discovered this new species but I called them
        carstaceans. A soft creature relying on his "shell" to protect him
        from the world.
        Kurt
        Eugene, OR

        --- In CarFree@y..., "renegadebuddhacoach" <renegadebuddhacoach@n...>