U.S. Congress: Support the Transit Commuter Benefit

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5 4:18 PM
      =v= Once again, the U.S. Congress is making a move to have the
      pre-tax transit commuter benefit cut back to half of the pre-tax
      parking benefit. You may have heard of this happening just over
      a year ago (during the "fiscal cliff" nonsense), and again, this
      is courtesy of a party who want to limit transit subsidy in the
      name of opposing "big government" spending while ensuaring that
      far larger amounts of taxpaying money flowing towards oil, cars,
      and car infrastructure.

      =v= Here's a background story:

      http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/economy-a-budget/315103-congress-must-increase-transit-funding-and-help-get-america-to-work-

      Then I poked around on Twitter until I found one of those "send
      email to Congress" slacktivism pages in support of the benefit:

      http://act.commuterbenefitsworkforus.com/5239/tell-congress-to-support-transit-benefit/

      =v= Now, where are all the "taxed enough already" and supposed
      champions of fiscal responsibility when it comes to slashing
      that wasteful parking subsidy?