Re: [CF] Re: AAA for bikes?

  • Bart Hawkins Kreps
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 3, 2011
      On Aug 3, 2011, at 11:36 AM, Whitney Turner wrote:

      > As an interesting sidenote, I've left my new GPS on every time I
      > drive somewhere, and over the last 207 hours of "on" time the total
      > average is 17.9MPH, with an "in motion" average of 26.6MPH. Only
      > gains about 9-10MPH on my bicycle's overall average....

      Sometimes I wish that this kind of device were mandatory in cars and could not be turned off, so that drivers would have a clear idea that their average speed really isn't much like that speeding car on an open road in the desert mountains, which they thought they owned based on the ads.

      On the other hand, if they had their true average speed in their face at all times, they might think, "jeez, I'm barely going faster than an effing bicycle! I'd better step on the gas!" >>>> more road rage and more collisions. Perhaps ignorance is the lesser evil ....

      - Bart