Smarter than Smart Cars

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3 11:40 AM
      =v= Here's a "Bicycle Genius" T-shirt design,
      sort of a takeoff on the Smart Car logo:

      http://fatamerican.tv/ride-bicycles/

      | The "Smart Car" isn't smart; it gets the same
      | fuel efficiency as other economy cars but only
      | seats 2 passengers. When compared to bicycles,
      | all cars tend to look down right idiotic.
      | Where's the logic in working tons of hours to
      | pay for a car to get to work to pay for a car?
      | What's the sense in driving to the gym to pay
      | a membership to get some exercise?
      |
      | Move within biking distance to work, sell
      | your car, cancel your gym membership and start
      | living smarter. Increase your quality of
      | life while not contributing to the political,
      | environmental, social calamity created by the
      | world's dependency on oil.

      =v= I can only add that when I first saw one of
      these it was parked in a crosswalk in Paris.
      Now that they're sold (and eco-hyped) in the U.S,
      I see them parked illegally everywhere. Because
      hey look, it fits!