Re: [CF] green festivals 2010

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2010
      > for the people in this egroup who would like to go green.

      =v= Hey, that's me!

      > washington dc october 23-24 and san francisco,california november 6-7
      >
      > for more information go to http://www.greenfestivals.org

      =v= I've been going to the Green Festival for years. Unlike so
      many other ventures of this type, they actually emphasize things
      that are actually good for the planet. Most other ventures are
      greenwash festivals, peddling items with, say, a token swatch of
      hemp fabric glued on them and calling them "green."

      =v= Unfortunately, over the years, purveyors of dubious eco-cars
      have gone from having a few demos sitting around into being the
      event's major sponsors. This year it's Ford and Nissan, and in
      San Francisco the only way to get a free admission pass is to
      walk into a car dealership!

      =v= This is the exact opposite of saving the planet. I will
      not be attending this year.