(Fwd) Re: Yahoo! Groups: Welcome to CarFree. Visit today!

  • Peacenik
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 12, 2010
      From: josephwcarrillo@...

      INTRODUCTORY PROFILE

      1. Which of the following best describes you? Please check one.
      _X_ I am car-free and have never owned a car

      2. How long have you been either car-free or used non-automotive transport as your principle means of transportation? I
      have never owned a car.

      3. What inspired your decision to reduce or end your reliance on the
      automobile? Because I never used a car and know they run people over and cause global warming and big oil spills.

      4. What factors have either impeded or inspired your decision to reduce your reliance on automotive transport? I never needed
      a car.

      5. Has your transportational choices had any discernible effect on your family and friends?
      Yes, it saves us money so we can afford gourmet food. Even gourmet food is cheaper than using a stupid car.
      6. What are the advantages and disadvantages of being car-free and/or getting around without using a car?
      Saving money and the environment.
      7. Do you typically feel comfortable recommending car-free living to your friends and/or relatives? Why or why not? Yes,
      because if too many americans use cars the economy can not recover.

      8. Have you experienced any adverse consequences of reducing or eliminating your automotive dependency with regard to
      time and finances?
      NO
      9. Have there been any benefits?
      YES many
      10. In an ideal world, what role should the car play in the general transportation system?
      None
      11. Do you have any other personal or general thoughts you've care to share on this topic?
      Build more public transit and put people to work.
      12. Where do you live (city, state, country)?
      ============== 16150 Keith Way #2, Morgan Hill, California, USA 95037

      ------ End of forwarded message -------
    • alanpar21
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 23, 2010