“Who pays for free parking? Everyone but the motorist.”

  • sd,ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2010
      IN our society, cars receive considerable attention and study — whether the subject is buying and selling them, the traffic congestion they cause or the dangerous things we do in them, like texting and talking on cellphones while driving. But we haven't devoted nearly enough thought to how cars are usually deployed — namely, by sitting in parking spaces.

      http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/15/business/economy/15view.html?src=twt&twt=nytimesbusiness