Re: Mass active transit a major means of combating health dangers of climate change

  • John T
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 25, 2009
      --- Christopher Miller <christophermiller@...wrote:

      > A story today in the Montreal Gazette cites a new medical study
      > recommending
      > "mass active transit" as one of the most effective ways of
      > improving public
      > health .....

      http://www.montrealgazette.com/health/Walking+biking+good+planet+study/2264373/s\
      tory.html

      > The original paper can be read on The Lancet web site:
      > http://www.thelancet.com/series/health-and-climate-change

      ====== snip snip snip =======

      WE CAN'T JUST SIT BACK AND LET THESE FAST CARS/TRUCKS/MOTORCLCLERS distroy this earth, and we can't use force. And don' you guys get mad at me and cencer me because i used to be the top notch bicycle advocate of all Florida. A long time ago, before the bicyclers became popular me and a bunch of beginning bicycle advocates got labeled "car phobia" by a dumb ol psychiatrist. He and all the docs said we had dilusions of; AND I QUOTE: "Bicycles being better than cars." Well,....they gave us all kinds of medication and i got so much i cannot ride a bike at all nor do any manual labor. But I preach medication bicycles and stickers on vehicles saying they drive only 40 mph or less. Don't cencer me because THEY crippled me and the others. k? k. :o) ptl Almighty. No matter what, we gonna win anyway!