Re: [CF] Re: The Most Ridiculous Roads Being Built with Stimulus Money

  • Whitney Turner
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 16, 2009
      At 12:44 PM 3/16/2009, Tom Frost Jr. wrote:

      >These roads were approved by a democratic administration. I would
      >have thought, based on your previous thread, that that would make
      >them fine and dandy.
      >
      >- TF

      Ummm... Huh?
    • Tom Frost Jr.
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 16, 2009
        --- In CarFree@yahoogroups.com, John Mayson <john@...> wrote:

        > 2009/3/16 Tom Frost Jr. <tomfrostjr@...>:
        > > These roads were approved by a democratic administration. I would have thought, based on your previous thread, that that would make them fine and dandy.
        >
        > Huh?

        - Tom Frost Jr., in free-of-bikelanes-and-we-want-to-keep-it-that-way http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CyclistsAgainstBikeLanes , non-hippie-party-voting, Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania - which also, for the benefit of Mr. Korn, Mr. Dyer and, these days, Sail4free, is where the Triad http://www.newmilfordbike.com/Triad.htm continues to emanate from.
      • Jim Peterson
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 17, 2009
          ==========
          - Tom Frost Jr., in free-of-bikelanes- and-we-want- to-keep-it- that-way http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/CyclistsAg ainstBikeLanes , non-hippie-party- voting, Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania - which also, for the benefit of Mr. Korn, Mr. Dyer and, these days, Sail4free, is where the Triad http://www.newmilfo rdbike.com/ Triad.htm continues to emanate from."
          ===========
          "emanate from" . . . how apropos: as in the stench "emanates from" the sewage pond. 'Cuz you know, Gawd forbid that cyclists (who already foot 90% of the bill for roads they barely use) should have any "special" considerations like bike lanes or bike paths. I remember the big dust up when more progressive minds were struggling to get our bike paths approved along both sides of the river which goes through the middle of our city. These days, homes and apartments located anywhere NEAR that same bike path are quick to point out their location and are able to sell (and rent) their homes for significantly more money *because of* their value-added location.
          ==========
          Half of my 6 mile commute (one way) is on a bike path, and I am exceedingly GRATEFUL to have the option of getting to at least part of where I'm going withOUT having to interact with the caraholic morons at all! For the most part, I can't even see them from the bike path. But the best part is I can't SMELL them while their rapidly-depreciating assets spew carcinogens into the air I breathe. I suggest the VC nuts get onboard with the TRUE best interests of the greater cycling community and quit kowtowing to the motorists. If their idea of a good time is sucking up fumes from some obese moron's tailpipe all day long, then more power to 'em. But they shouldn't PRETEND to speak for the best interests of the greater cycling community, because they most emphatically do NOT!
          sail4free
        • Tom Frost Jr.
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 17, 2009
            See your own thread from last week, with its implied binary thinking about your town vs. the town bordering it. I, on the other hand, was trying to get away from that by using a more vague term than "Republican" to refer to my county. "Non-hippie-voting" was the first such thing that came to my mind, and even it was aimed at the simpler minds on the list, since my voting, too, is all over the chart.

            Just don't call rt. 11's nice Triadally-benign shoulder a "bike lane" when you're riding in my county.

            - TF
            ----