Re: [CF] Car vandals

  • Mari Lea
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2009
      I agree that personally destroying property is not a right way or efficient way of protest, but...  I would privately cheer any Hummers that went up this way.  As long as no one was injured.

      On a side note.  Last summer there was a rash of car vandalism in our town.  The police said it was like someone ran down the street with a piece of metal and scrapped all the cars.   This is what I found interesting.
      1. Only wealthy neighborhoods were hit.
      2. Only cars parked on the street.  As long as you were on private property the car was not touched, even if it was out in the open.
      3. The tire slashing was done only to SUVs

      The police never arrested anyone.   But I have to wonder now if that was a protest  of sorts.

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3, 2009
        --- In CarFree@yahoogroups.com, Mari Lea <lea_petra@...>
        wrote:

        > I agree that personally destroying property is not a right way or
        efficient way of protest, but...  I would privately cheer any
        Hummers that went up this way.  As long as no one was injured.

        TF: As long as you've contradicted the first part of your own
        sentence anyhow, why think small and advocate hesitating to
        injure anybody? The crowd that's trying to gentrify Coatesville,
        Pennsylvania by burning out the sections of _that_ town that
        _they_ don't like, doesn't.

        I have a "friend" down there in Coatesville who is one of those
        anti-"chimpanzee" bigots. This thread reminds me _exactly_ of
        his answering-machine messages, which I began ignoring
        several years before the arsons that he cheers on, began.

        - TF
      • LS
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 3, 2009
          --- On Tue, 3/3/09, Tom Frost Jr. <tomfrostjr@...> wrote:

          > TF: I have a "friend" down there in Coatesville who is one of
          > those anti-"chimpanzee" bigots. This thread reminds me _exactly_
          > of his answering-machine messages [ ... ]

          It amazes me that an anti chimpanzee bigot would answer the phone if you called. Then again you do get his answering machine a lot don't you? When was the last time he answered you directly if ever?
        • Tom Frost Jr.
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 12, 2009
            '?¬?e@yahoogroups.com, LS <toleroy44@...> wrote:

            > --- On Tue, 3/3/09, Tom Frost Jr. <tomfrostjr@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > TF: I have a "friend" down there in Coatesville who is one of
            > > those anti-"chimpanzee" bigots. This thread reminds me _exactly_
            > > of his answering-machine messages [ ... ]
            >
            > It amazes me that an anti chimpanzee bigot would answer the phone if you called. Then again you do get his answering machine a lot don't you? When was the last time he answered you directly if ever?

            TF: It looks like you failed to set fire to the list.

            But, nice try. Appropriate lists - such as CyclingFieldofHonor and Chainguardannex - exist for this type of crap. So here's a tip for if you ever want to become a full incrowd member of one of them: Be a little bit sloppier yet in your out-of-context quoting of your opponent. In this case for example, a skilled troll would additionally edit out the the word "messages", and hope that not too many people in the audience remember that the word used wasn't "announcements".

            - TF
            -----
            http://www.newmilfordbike.com/Triad.htm