Jesus orders collision

  • Robert J. Matter
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2008
      http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2008/12/03/Police_Man_said_crash_was_Jesuss_will/UPI-36031228283064/

      Police: Man said crash was Jesus's will

      Published: Dec. 3, 2008 at 12:44 AM

      SAN ANTONIO, Dec. 3 (UPI) -- Police in San Antonio said they arrested a man who claimed it was "Jesus's will" that he ram a woman's car because she was not "driving like a Christian."

      The Bexar County Sheriff's Office said in a news release that Michael Schwab, 52, told investigators he crashed his pickup truck into a woman's car at about 7:25 a.m. Friday on southbound U.S. 281 because "the other vehicle was not driving like a Christian and it was Jesus' will for him to punish the car," the San Antonio Express-News reported.

      "He just said God said she wasn't driving right, and she needed to be taken off the road," Sheriff's Lt. Kyle Coleman said.

      Sheriff's officials said Schwab told responders he was traveling faster than 100 mph when he hit the woman's car. Both vehicles sustained heavy damage as a result of the crash, but both drivers had only minor injuries.

      "God must have been with them, 'cause any other time, the severity of this crash, it would have been a fatal," Coleman said.

      Schwab was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, motor vehicle. He was jailed in lieu of $50,000 bond.

      ###
    • shiftgood2
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2008
        --- In CarFree@yahoogroups.com, "John Mayson" <john@...> wrote:

        > On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 2:05 PM, Robert J. Matter <rjmatter@...>
        wrote:

        > > SAN ANTONIO, Dec. 3 (UPI) -- Police in San Antonio said they
        arrested a man who claimed it was "Jesus's will" that he ram a
        woman's car because she was not "driving like a Christian."

        > Makes sense.
        >
        > Okay, no, not really. I was in San Antonio once and found myself
        > surrounded by about 6 men who were singing "I used to be a
        > sinner/drunkard/addict until Jesus set me free." They just kept on
        > with me. "Sure you drink? Surely you use drugs?" This was right
        > outside of the Alamo.
        >
        > John
        >
        > --
        > John Mayson <john@...>
        > Austin, Texas, USA
        >

        > ************
        >

        >Wow! "A deadly weapon" Sheesh, bors. I never thought I would hear a
        >car person say that the dangerous THE CAR (fast truck, and fast
        motorcycle) would >be called that. Keep up the good work bros. and
        sisters. No freeky >geeky. We ALL doin good. :O)
        >-John

      • Theo Schmidt
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 5, 2008
          Robert J. Matter schrieb:
          > http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2008/12/03/Police_Man_said_crash_was_Jesuss_will/UPI-36031228283064/
          >

          > Police: Man said crash was Jesus's will
          >
          > Published: Dec. 3, 2008 at 12:44 AM
          >
          > SAN ANTONIO, Dec. 3 (UPI) -- Police in San Antonio said they arrested
          > a man who claimed it was "Jesus's will" that he ram a woman's car
          > because she was not "driving like a Christian."

          Well it makes sense in a country which still has a president who
          believes to have authority from Jesus to have killed thousands of
          Americans and hundreds of thousands others in his useless and illegal
          war. Why should this man think any differently than his president?

          Theo Schmidt

          PS Not that my own country Switzerland is very much better. We host the
          World Economic Forum which lays out the red carpet to other assumed war
          criminals such as Dick Cheney, Henry Kissinger and Vladimir Putin.