Re: Do Cars Make Us Fat?

  • Chris Weber
    Message 1 of 61 , Oct 7, 2008

      ...........It used to take me about 15 minutes to drive and now it takes more
      like 30 minutes for me to pedal those same six miles so I've estimated
      average car speed for my route at 24 MPH -- and my pedaling average
      (which includes stops at red lights) at 12 MPH.

      ...So what if it takes a little longer .I believe we would all be happier if we slowed down a little in our lives, Also that fifteen minutes you save by driving your car may take fifteen minutes off your life in the long run because your are giving up all the benefits of exercise to  time spent in a car doing nothing to improve your overall quality of life not to mention the worlds overall health

    • LS
      Message 61 of 61 , Jan 3, 2009
        Sailfree,

        You are breaking the law! You are giving all cyclists a bad name, You are proving nothing to anyone. You deserve a violation ticket from a cop.

        By the way there are some instances I have been on sidewalks and going the wrong way in a bike lane and I realize it. I give the vehicle the right of way in the most friendly way as possible.

        I guess a 200lb bike and rider is a match for a 1or 2 ton vehicle right?