the politics of being car free?

  • AnnaLisa Wiley
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2008
      I don't understand what this has to do with being CarFree.

      -ALW

      9TAzk3MzU5NzE1BGdycElkAzMyNDExMQRncnBzcElkAzE3MDUwNjQxNzcEbXNnSWQDMTg4OTYEc2
      VjA2Rtc2cEc2xrA3Ztc2cEc3RpbWUDMTIyMDYwNzYzMw--> Recall of Message #18729

      Posted by: "Tom Frost Jr."
      <mailto:tomfrostjr@...?Subject=%20Re%3ARecall%20of%20Message%20%231872
      9> tomfrostjr@... <http://profiles.yahoo.com/tomfrostjr> tomfrostjr

      Thu Sep 4, 2008 1:19 pm (PDT)

      A while back on this list, urbanite/suburbanite, bus-stop-on-every-
      corner la-la-land elitist Robert Matter capped off a typical one of
      his attacks on my neck of the woods with the following:

      > "[It's] not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or
      > religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-
      immigrant
      > sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their
      > frustrations." --Barack Obama

      TF: In my original response, namely CF Message #18729, to Mr. Matter
      on the above display of ignorance, I let Obama slide by allowing for
      the fact that he knew not to say it here in Northeastern Pennsylvania.
      (Rather, he said it to a bunch of San Francisco leftists.) However, CF
      Message #18729 is hereby recalled and replaced with the following:

      "We tend to prefer candidates who don't talk about us one way in
      Scranton and another way in San Francisco." - Sarah Palin, 9/3/08

      TF:
      1. Thank you, Mrs. Palin, for helping me realize that the only thing
      that I clung to for too long was Obama.

      2. Thank you, Mr. Matter, for helping Obama do the job that the
      Clintons couldn't quite do of _finishing_ _off_ your favorite
      political party.