Cycling in Winter

  • John A. Ardelli
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2008
      On Jan 28, 2008, at 8:06 PM, Ross Sauer wrote:

      >> About the only time my hand DOESN'T do that is when I'm making hand
      >> signals riding my bike... *BLUSH*
      >
      > Being an avid bicyclist, (even in Wisconsin winters!) . . .

      Really? Me, too. Indeed, I do not (nor do I ever intend to) own a
      car; I get around by bicycle pretty much exclusively. On those
      exceedingly rare exceptions when I need motorized transportation (such
      as when I have to do grocery shopping for a large order or in extreme
      weather), I use busses or taxis. Even then, those are last resort
      options only. :)

      If you like biking in winter, you should check this out:

      http://www.icebike.org

      I've also been a member here for several years:

      http://www.icebike.org/icebikelist.htm

      I also run this group:

      > I know the hand signals.
      >
      > Turn left
      >
      > Turn right
      >
      > Stop
      >
      > F*BEEP* you

      Hm... I try not to use that last one... it only seems to cause
      trouble... ;)

      John A. Ardelli
      http://pedalingprince.blogspot.com