what does it take to build a commuter bike that I can rely on?

  • John Lindsey
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 7, 2007
      well this is what I found out: http://funnyfarmart.com/actionbent.htm
    • hillel_zs
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 7, 2007
        --- In CarFree@yahoogroups.com, "John Lindsey " <jawnn.geo@...> wrote:

        > well this is what I found out: http://funnyfarmart.com/actionbent.htm

        Very interesting. I have a similar Actionbent Tidalwave with a 700C
        road rear wheel. The nice thing about Actionbents is that they are
        pretty good frames, yet are inexpensive enough in the recumbent world
        to experiment with customization. I changed the seat on mine to a
        Bacchetta Recurve mesh back seat. I use it for daily commuting and
        errands except in snow. (Snow gets another bike.)

        If you want to see what modifications people have done to their
        Actionbents, take a look at the Actionbent Yahoo group at
        http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/actionbent/

        ---Hillel