Religious discussion, right? Was: Vatican issues 10 Commandments for drivers

  • Whitney Turner
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 25 6:49 AM
      At 08:39 AM 6/25/2007, SueW wrote:
      >Actually I've seen more atheistic and paganistic stickers on the
      >cars of RUDE drivers.

      I haven't kept track of who's winning the idiot race, but I do have
      to say that the irony of being vehicularly assaulted by someone with
      a "WWJD" or "Choose Life" sticker or fish emblem really does make me
      remember those incidents all the more. Hypocristianity? :-)

      Being a pagan, I do tend to notice the behavior of folks with
      Goddess-related stuff on the bumper, and my observations suggest that
      the "teen witch" crowd tends to be just as much a bunch of teenagers
      as all the rest, while the older folks are generally pretty
      considerate. Consideration is sort of "built in" - when you believe
      in rebirth and something akin to "amplified karma" it makes you think
      before you act.

      On the third hand, there are selfish and rude hypocrites of all
      stripes out there!

      Blessed be!
      Whitney

      ps - One way to think of it - "There's Kristians out there. Like
      Krab with a "K", there's no real Christian in them..."
    • Sahar
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 25 8:55 AM
        I guess worship of the car supersedes everything else once the worshipper is inside one.

        Whitney Turner <wturner@...> wrote:
        At 08:39 AM 6/25/2007, SueW wrote:
        >Actually I've seen more atheistic and paganistic stickers on the
        >cars of RUDE drivers.

        I haven't kept track of who's winning the idiot race, but I do have
        to say that the irony of being vehicularly assaulted by someone with
        a "WWJD" or "Choose Life" sticker or fish emblem really does make me
        remember those incidents all the more. Hypocristianity? :-)

        Being a pagan, I do tend to notice the behavior of folks with
        Goddess-related stuff on the bumper, and my observations suggest that
        the "teen witch" crowd tends to be just as much a bunch of teenagers
        as all the rest, while the older folks are generally pretty
        considerate. Consideration is sort of "built in" - when you believe
        in rebirth and something akin to "amplified karma" it makes you think
        before you act.

        On the third hand, there are selfish and rude hypocrites of all
        stripes out there!

        Blessed be!
        Whitney

        ps - One way to think of it - "There's Kristians out there. Like
        Krab with a "K", there's no real Christian in them..."

        The moral test of government is how it treats those who are in the dawn of life . . . the children; those who are in the twilight of life . . . the elderly; and those who are in the shadow of life . . . the sick . . . the needy . . . and the disabled.

        Hubert H. Humphrey

      • dubluth
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 25 4:03 PM
          How the heck should we interpret Matt 7:1ff as a part of this post?
          :-o
          --- In CarFree@yahoogroups.com, "SueW" <gswidemark@...> wrote:

> [...]
          are trying to remind poeple that once you get behind the wheel you
          should still be nice and courteous etc. Its amzing how a driver will
          shout and swear at you then pull away and you see a religious bumper
          sticker or one of those fish symbols.
          > <<<
          >
          > Actually I've seen more atheistic and paganistic stickers on the
          cars of RUDE drivers.

          will you be judged, and the measure with which you measure will be
          measured out to you.
          > Why do you notice the splinter in your brother's eye, but do not
          perceive the wooden beam in your own eye? How can you say to your
          brother, 'Let me remove that splinter from your eye,' while the wooden
          beam is in your eye?
          > You hypocrite, remove the wooden beam from your eye first; then you
          will see clearly to remove the splinter from your brother's eye. <<<<<