Yellow Bike-Share in Kentucky

  • De Clarke
    Message 1 of 8 , May 24 6:13 PM
      http://www.kentucky.com/211/story/73075.html

      Those who want to ride the bikes simply sign up and pay a $10
      fee at Pedal Power Bike Shop, the High Street YMCA, Downtown
      Lexington Corp. or at Thursday Night Live, held 5-7 p.m. every
      Thursday from June to August in Cheapside Park.

      "That $10 fee will give you a key, and that key will unlock any
      of the 80 bikes in the fleet, and you keep that key forever,"
      Holoubek said.

      Yellow Bikes riders are encouraged to ride the bikes just in
      the downtown area. When they're finished riding, they're
      supposed to lock up the bikes again at downtown racks. The
      bikes have baskets so riders can carry purses, briefcases and
      packages.

      -------------------------------

      :Mail: de@... | Your planet's immune system is trying to get rid :
      :Web: www.ucolick.org | of you. --Kurt Vonnegut :
      :1024D/B9C9E76E | F892 5F17 8E0A F095 05CD EE8B D169 EDAA B9C9 E76E:
    • Sahar
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 5, 2007
        Just what are they moaning about? the UK pays about $8 a gallon. Not that I care, not having a car. Although I'm having to hire one this week. Not driven for a very long time so I'm rather nervous and much prefer bicycle speed.
        But I do find it funny that UK motorists are complaining constantly about th new 'pay as you drive' scheme and calling it a stealth tax. Don't drive = don't pay. Same with the speeding fines. If you don't like them don't speed! How simple is that?

        Dan Korn <dan@...> wrote:

        > Co-workers complain about gas prices and you say, "Yeah, I hate
        > these gas prices too: they're way too low!"

        {snip}