Gasolutions

  • temeluch
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 1, 2007
      Too Much Gas is Killing Us All.
      How much longer until we fall.

      1. Gas Rationing is one of the most severely overlooked solutions in
      this world that we could very easily use to Save the Earth now.

      Spread this message all around the web.

      Each licensed driver gets to buy no more than 365 Gallons of
      Gasoline per year, for starters, except for special provisions for
      truckers, busses and taxi cabs and such. Then we will know how much
      we really do use. And it could eventually be very much less.

      Those Rations can be traded so that the people who do not drive at
      all will get to sell those Ration Units which will probably sell for
      another $3.00 per gallon above and beyond the price of the gas
      itself. In that way people will be rewarded for saving gas.

      That will cut way down on all this pointless driving, like all these
      low riders cruisin' down the boulevard out of boredom and in search
      of trouble. This will cut way down on pointless trips all the way to
      town just to get a fast meal or a six pack.

      This will also encourage people to carpool and to seriously consider
      whether they really can afford the bad habit of driving around in a
      hummer limousine anymore since that could become a serious hassle.

      2. No one drives under the age of 21. They are not ready for that
      anyway. This will cut way down on pointless driving and fatal
      accidents will begin to mysteriously disappear.

      3. Old folks could be asked not to drive at all once they are too
      old or can no longer measure up to stringent hand eye coordination
      tests.

      4. While we are at it we could lower the minimum wage all the way
      down to zero which is a very reasonable place to start off in any
      field. It could even go below zero for those who want to work for me.

      5. Remove the child labor limitations so that children can help
      their folks out in the corner deli after school for 2 or 3 dollars
      in cash which is all they are worth and with no withholding of money
      until they are over 21 to simplify the paperwork which would
      otherwise make it too much trouble.

      This will support people living in sustainable communities like
      http://edenvillage.net - which is good for the Earth. - T

    • Whitney Turner
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2007
        At 05:13 PM 2/1/2007, temeluch wrote:

        >Too Much Gas is Killing Us All.
        >How much longer until we fall.

        <snip>

        Hmm... Interesting proposal, especially the part about lowering the
        minimum wage to zero. I like the thought of a mechanism to make the
        divide between "them that's got" and "them that don't" even wider! </sarcasm>

        Tell ya what - you make all of this happen, and I'll videotape (from
        afar) the mob either burning or hanging you. Not saying that this
        isn't a worthy set of ideas you have - some of them even have merit -
        just saying the plebescite will be much vexed if you take away the
        use of their car-toys while there's still oil left to be had.

        Regarding Eden... Utopia has been created many times over since the
        rise of the industrial age, and it's (to date) always fallen rather
        quickly, sometimes leaving no trace, sometimes leaving beautiful
        remnants. I hope to visit Eden twenty or thirty years hence, but I
        have to say I'm not holding out a lot of hope just yet. Best of luck
        anyways!!!

        Whitney
      • De Clarke
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2007
          http://www.hyperbike.info/

          I'd like to live long enough to see these on the freeways...
          speeds to 50 mph???

          :-) now that's futuristic!

          de

          :Mail: de@... | Your planet's immune system is trying to get rid :
          :Web: www.ucolick.org | of you. --Kurt Vonnegut :
          :1024D/B9C9E76E | F892 5F17 8E0A F095 05CD EE8B D169 EDAA B9C9 E76E:
        • she4bikes
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 7, 2007
            Lower the minimum wage to zero or below zero? How does one
            pay for rent, healthcare, food, etc? Barter?

            I currently live in the Central Coast of California where
            the rents are sky-high and wages dirt-low. I bus
            tables at the local university cafeteria and work side by
            side with documented workers. We all make
            minimum wage. It really sucks rotten eggs! Someone is getting
            rich off our backs!

            -Sheila

            --- In CarFree@yahoogroups.com, "temeluch" <Temeluch@...> wrote:

            > Too Much Gas is Killing Us All.
            > How much longer until we fall.
            >
            > 1. Gas Rationing is one of the most severely overlooked solutions
            in
            > this world that we could very easily use to Save the Earth now.
            >
            > Spread this message all around the web.
            >
            > Each licensed driver gets to buy no more than 365 Gallons of
            > Gasoline per year, for starters, except for special provisions for
            > truckers, busses and taxi cabs and such. Then we will know how much
            > we really do use. And it could eventually be very much less.
            >
            > Those Rations can be traded so that the people who do not drive at
            > all will get to sell those Ration Units which will probably sell
            for
            > another $3.00 per gallon above and beyond the price of the gas
            > itself. In that way people will be rewarded for saving gas.
            >
            > That will cut way down on all this pointless driving, like all
            these
            > low riders cruisin' down the boulevard out of boredom and in search
            > of trouble. This will cut way down on pointless trips all the way
            > town just to get a fast meal or a six pack.
            >
            > This will also encourage people to carpool and to seriously
            consider
            > whether they really can afford the bad habit of driving around in a
            > hummer limousine anymore since that could become a serious hassle.
            >
            > 2. No one drives under the age of 21. They are not ready for that
            > anyway. This will cut way down on pointless driving and fatal
            > accidents will begin to mysteriously disappear.
            >
            > 3. Old folks could be asked not to drive at all once they are too
            > old or can no longer measure up to stringent hand eye coordination
            > tests.
            >
            > 4. While we are at it we could lower the minimum wage all the way
            > down to zero which is a very reasonable place to start off in any
            > field. It could even go below zero for those who want to work for
            me.

            > 5. Remove the child labor limitations so that children can help
            > their folks out in the corner deli after school for 2 or 3 dollars
            > in cash which is all they are worth and with no withholding of
            money
            > until they are over 21 to simplify the paperwork which would
            > otherwise make it too much trouble.
            >
            > This will support people living in sustainable communities like
            > http://edenvillage.net - which is good for the Earth. - T

          • Cuthbert J. Twillie
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 7, 2007
              Sheila, I agree with you on this one. Next you'll be accussed of
              class warfare because you want a decent wage.
              Jim