I'm getting a Townie!

  • whistling_lass
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 10, 2006
      I went into town with the intention of just pricing the Townie and
      looking at it. I took one for a test drive. It was a 21 speed. The
      lowest gear feels similar to the lowest gear on my Trek, so I think
      it'll be fine climbing hills, although I don't take really steep
      hills, anyway.

      It did feel kinda weird, though, b/c of the handlebars being up so
      high. It felt kinda like riding a chopper, although I've never ridden
      a chopper. :-) I guess it felt like what I imagine riding a chopper
      would feel like. :-)

      I'll be picking it up next week. I had them special order me one in
      my choice of color.

      Marcy
    • hillel_zs
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 10, 2006
        Enjoy your new bike Marcy!

        One trick from Rans with the crank-forward bikes is to set the
        handlebars about an inch above your knees while riding, and it greatly
        improves climbing ability. Don't know if it will work as well with a
        Townie, but it may be worth trying.

        ---Hillel