Amusing bit from a financial pundit

  • Gene Edinger
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2006
      I found this bit in an article about the impending implosion of the US
      housing bubble and declining purchasing power of the dollar.

      http://www.kitco.com/ind/Galakoutis/may022006.html

      [...]Perhaps a good start along the comeback trail might be loading US
      bound cargo ships, which will surely contain fewer and fewer consumer
      goods in a deteriorating US dollar environment, with Chinese bicycles
      while in return Americans send the Chinese their cars. With oil prices
      headed to the stratosphere as the US dollar declines, Americans won't
      be in a position to afford to drive them anyway.

      Those thinking this may not be a fair deal need only remember all the
      years Americans received real goods from the Chinese in exchange for
      worthless IOU's. With that reality as a backdrop, and given the great
      shape Americans can get into utilizing their new methods of
      transportation, the Chinese would actually be doing us a favor.[...]