NYT\Job 1: Make His Day

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30 6:30 PM
      http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/30/business/yourmoney/30suits.html

      Suits
      JOB 1: MAKE HIS DAY
      MICHELINE MAYNARD
      New York Times | 30-Apr-2006

      Ford Motor's chief executive, William Clay Ford Jr., has invited
      a half-dozen of his top executives to northern Michigan today to
      beat up on him.

      Mr. Ford is host for a three-day retreat at an undisclosed
      site where he will ask his leadership team to critique his
      performance as C.E.O., and to suggest ways he can be a better
      leader. "What do they need from me? How do I need to change?"
      he said in an interview last week. Those who will be giving
      Mr. Ford his job evaluation include Mark Fields, Ford's
      president for the Americas; Anne Stevens, the chief operating
      officer for the Americas; and Don LeClair, the company's chief
      financial officer.

      Mr. Ford could get some harsh words, given the company's $1.7
      billion first-quarter loss. On the other hand, does he think
      they are brave enough to tell their boss the truth? "I do,
      because I'm going to demand it," Mr. Ford said. "They know me
      well enough" not to fudge their answers.