Re: [CarFree] Re:Nice trike

  • rich10@continet.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 10, 2000
      Thank you, I am still working on the design. My plan is to develop a complete
      trike that can be shipped unassembled and simply bolted together. No drilling,
      welding , or rivets.
      I should have this perfected soon.
      The Trike kit price that I have in mind is $ 950 plus about $40. shipping.
      Rich Richardson
      Eugene, OR

    • renegadebuddhacoach
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 10, 2000
        Let us know when you are ready to start them rolling out the door.

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 10, 2000
          I should have one ready by summer.
          Anyone in the group can take the red one, (the one in the picture) for a test
          ride anytime you want.
          Are any of the members in the Oregon area?
          Are there other trike riders in the group?
          Rich Richardson

        • Maggie Hamlin
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 10, 2000
            I should have one ready by summer.
            Anyone in the group can take the red one, (the one in the picture) for a test
            ride anytime you want.
            Are any of the members in the Oregon area?
            Are there other trike riders in the group?
            Rich Richardson

            Hi Rich,
            I'm in Oregon, on the coast, but have never ridden a trike.  It is pretty cool looking, I must admit!  I have a Cannondale road bike and continue to put quite a few miles on it for an older (64), retired lady.  I rode a lot more when I lived in Portland as I commuted to work and also did many miles of recreational riding as well.  Now it's almost all recreational riding, plus I have to take my frisky dog on long walks which has slowed down my bike mileage somewhat as well.  I average around 100+ miles a month.  I've heard that Eugene is the most "bike friendly" area in Oregon.  Do you agree with that?  Here on the coast, there are no bike trails other than the bike lane on Highway 101.  The rural roads are somewhat dangerous to ride as there are a lot of curves and little or no shoulders on most of them.  There's a surprising amount of truck traffic on them too.  I miss the bike paths I enjoyed so much in the Portland.
            Maggie, Oregon Coast
          • rich10@continet.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 10, 2000
              Hi Maggie,
              So nice to hear from you.
              You are more than welcome to ride my red trike. I am building another trike that should be done soon. After that one is finished we could take a ride together . Close to my place is a park with miles of wonderful bike paths. Eugene is in fact the most bike friendly place I have ever seen. There are paved bike trails everywhere.
              As I developed my trike design, I sold off the prototypes as new ones were built. It is interesting that most of the buyers have been women fifty to sixty years old. I'm no teenager myself, at sixty seven I'm older than most Trike riders. There is one friend who is eighty, he not only rides one, he built it from my design.
              Here are  pictures of some of the early trikes. The two guys are the park manager and the eighty year old.
              All three of the trikes in the first picture were built from my design.
              The next picture is one of me on Raptor Trike #7. I later sold it to the husband of the buyer of # 7. The third photo is one of her. She and her husband ride a lot. She is about sixty. They live in Beaverton, OR.
              Feel free to drop in anytime you are in town.
              One of the great things about trikes is they do not hurt your wrists, neck and behinds. It is like riding about in your comfortable easy chair. :o)
              Rich Richardson
              1625 Henderson # A-15
              Eugene, Oregon 97403
              541-736-3008
              Maggie Hamlin wrote:
[...]

            • Roy Preston
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 11, 2000
                Rich. I'm sorry if this sounds pedantic but, in the UK, we have to pay for
                our on-line time. This is your second posting with attachments. It might be
                better for all concerned if you asked members to contact you off-list if
                they'd like to receive attachments. Thanks.

                Roy P
              • rich10@continet.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 11, 2000
                  Hi Roy and others,
                  Sorry , On my last e-mail I meant it to go to the person, but forgot and hit
                  reply. Of course it went to all of you.

                  Rich Richardson
                  Eugene, OR

                  Roy Preston wrote:

                  > Rich. I'm sorry if this sounds pedantic but, in the UK, we have to pay for
                  > our on-line time. This is your second posting with attachments. It might be
                  > better for all concerned if you asked members to contact you off-list if
                  > they'd like to receive attachments. Thanks.
                  >
                  > Roy P
                  >

                  > Community email addresses:
                  > Post message: CarFree@onelist.com
                  > Subscribe: CarFree-subscribe@onelist.com
                  >
                  > Shortcut URL to this page:
                  > http://www.onelist.com/community/CarFree
                • Lauren Cooper
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 11, 2000
                    Your trike seems to offer a not-so-low to the ground seat. Most recumbent
                    trikes are too low for seniors and those in poor health to easily get in
                    and out of, so yours looks great for them.

                    My 80 y.o. dad rides a 'bent trike every day, and it's the only thing that
                    keeps his Parkinson's Disease at bay. Problem is, it's so much fun to ride
                    that all the visitors keep borrowing it from him!

                    =====
                    And thank you for bicycling!

                    Lauren Cooper, CycleMedia
                    Transportation Cycling