great site

  • ped-ex-nc@juno.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 20, 2000
      I just found a great site--or at least a great idea for a site at
      http://www.eRideShare.com

      This may have been posted to this list before, but if so I don't remember
      it. It is a national ride sharing site designed to match people needing
      carpools or cross-country trips with those offering them. If enough
      people started using a site like this, just think how many more could go
      car free.

      Hitchhiking on the information superhighway!

      Seth
      Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
    • Lanyon, Ryan
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 23, 2000
        Looks like an interesting site. There are a few cropping up here, too:

        http://www.carpool.ca and http://www.carpooldirect.com

        Anyone know of any others?

        We used to have a business here in Ottawa that would match people for
        out-of-town rides, but the Ontario government shut it down after lobbying
        from the bus companies. The company matching the riders and drivers was
        deemed to be providing a form of unlicensed public transport service.