Re: [CF] Just a thought

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2005
      > I hear on the news that 40,000,000 cars will be
      > traveling long distances July 4th holiday weekend.

      =v= Well, of course. July 4th is Oil-Dependence Day.
      <_Jym_>
    • SHYRLEY WILLIAMS
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2005
        Thats a mind-boggly amount of cars. Sounds like half
        the country is visitng the other half!
        Todays roads were quiter today here in Bristol. I
        guess most people were watching either the tennis or
        the Live8 thingy or (hopefully) were up in Edinburgh
        protesting the G8 summit :-)

        Shyrley

        --- Jym Dyer <jym@...> wrote:

        > > I hear on the news that 40,000,000 cars will be
        > > traveling long distances July 4th holiday weekend.
        >
        > =v= Well, of course. July 4th is Oil-Dependence
        > Day.
        > <_Jym_>
        >

        > Problem? Email: CarFree-owners@yahoogroups.com
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all. ~Noam Chomsky

      • Brett Breitwieser
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2005
          It's amazing.... here I am telecommuting around the world, and the traffic
          is low...
          my computer links are amazingly good (3mbs at last check) must be because
          everyone is out on the roads
          (like lemmings to the sea)...

          and I haven't had one service call for my wireless networks in California...

          must be the same deal... everyone is out on the road... and the dry weather
          makes for happy antennas...

          think I'll go take a Trikke trip down the canals (just me, the ducks, and a
          few hard-core bicyclists out in the mid-day heat)
          grab a nice enchilada lunch, and a mango margarita... a slow ride back home.
          .
          hardly anyone home in the neighborhood except me and the dogs...

          then maybe I'll take a dip in the pool...

          ahhh, I love these carfree holidays...

          Brett Breitwieser (brett@...)
          http://HPV3.US
          http://hohokam.us