Re: [CF] Re: individual deliveries?

    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 1, 2005
      On 28 May 2005 at 23:13, Rachel wrote:

      > I'm getting in on this conversation late but I ride to work 8.5 miles
      > ones way on my bike or take the bus. [snip]

      > The office will accept deliveries but will only hold them three days as
      > they don't have much room.

      That shouldn't be a great problem. You can then take them back on the
      bus.

      I have taken deliveries home by bike trailer over that sort of
      distance. I take really heavy or delicate things by bus or train, using
      a taxi to get from the railway station to my house when things are
      really heavy.

      I will *always* explain why I revoke a key, unless the UK
      government prevents me by using the RIP Act 2000.
    • Rachel
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 1, 2005
        --- In CarFree@yahoogroups.com, "David Hansen" <davidh@s...> wrote:
        > On 28 May 2005 at 23:13, Rachel wrote:
        >
        > > I'm getting in on this conversation late but I ride to work 8.5
        miles
        > > ones way on my bike or take the bus. [snip]
        >
        > > The office will accept deliveries but will only hold them three
        days as
        > > they don't have much room.
        >
        > That shouldn't be a great problem. You can then take them back on
        the
        > bus.

        Sorry, I wasn't clear. The apartment office won't hold packages more
        than three days, they are open 8 - 5 and I am away from 7 - 6. We
        aren't allowed to get packages at work.
      • Brett Breitwieser
        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 1, 2005
          To me this is really sad and regrettable... yet another example of how the
          culture isn't geared to human needs... but rather modeled on the machine age
          model of industrial culture...

          When we become carfree, it is really a revolutionary act, as we are
          withdrawing from the central icon of the 2nd wave industrial culture that
          treats us as cogs in a machine... rather than human beings with real
          needs...

          Brett Breitwieser (brett@...)
          Internet Technician, Hypnotherapist, Green, HPV3er

          Problem? Email: CarFree-owners@yahoogroups.com