Re: Greyhound cuts more stops

  • Michele Doney
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2005
      > But as of April 3, the bus company ended service in
      > Thousand Oaks,
      > Petaluma, Davis and 61 other small and mid-size
      > California communities.
      >
      > The cuts are the second phase of Greyhound Lines'
      > network transformation
      > � a move to eliminate unprofitable routes
      > nationwide.

      This is disappointing, especially with Amtrak in such
      a precarious position. I guess the folks who want
      Amtrak to die (but who will pump billions into
      proppping up the airlines) can't use the "Let them
      take Greyhound" argument anymore.

      Michele

      Michele Doney
      doneym@...

      "To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die." -- Inscription in a window at Blanford Church, Petersburg, VA

      "Intellectual honesty is a skill that has to be learned and a virtue that has to be practiced; it often requires you to accept unpleasant conclusions." --J. Hodges

      http://mail.yahoo.com