Magazine Reponse

  • michael and karen dudley
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9, 2000
      It's been very interesting reading the responses to my original posting;
      and they're probably all on the money re: why it wouldn't fly right now.
      The traditional advertisers for lifestyle magazines might not be convinced
      that there are appropriate demographics for their needs. I really like
      John's suggestion of starting out with a regular feature in an already
      established publication; for instance, Utne Reader. Obviously, some serious
      market research would be needed to see if the carfree population is largely
      that way against their will, or if a sizable demographic has chosen it as a
      lifestyle. A study on carfree demographics, income, locational decisions
      etc. would be a really important baseline to refer to. Anybody know if this
      research has been / is being done?

      Michael Dudley