RE: [CF] Personal Profile

  • Fitzsimmons, Diane
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2004
      Welcome, Gregory. As a person who began this list as car-lite, I can
      safely say you will get the encouragement and support you need here to
      make gradual steps for car-freedom.

      My best advice -- which you probably know already -- is to choose your
      place to live within a mile of your work. This makes it much easier to
      make the choice to ride a bike, even if the city is not
      car-free-friendly.

      As I have moved from entirely car-dependent to about 90 percent
      car-free, I have come to believe that I must be the change I want to see
      (to paraphrase Gandhi), regardless of how "friendly" society is about
      it.

      Diane Fitzsimmons
      Norman, Okla., USA