OT: ZEHs and the End of Suburbia

  • dtnwebdev
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2004
      Being a serious glutton for punishment, I started a Yahoo Group
      recently called RE4a Modular
      (http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/re4amodular) to share information
      about prefabricated, modular Zero Energy Homes or ZEHs. I liked the
      concepts behind Dwell Home developed by Resolution 4 Architecture,
      but have since found equally intriguing concepts for minimalist
      living including the Glide Home.

      While I like the notion of homes that are self-sustaining -- both in
      the material from which they are built and the energy they produce
      and consume -- I am also concerned about how these concepts could be
      integrated into urban revitalization and smart community
      development. I particularly like the fact none of these concepts
      are "snout" homes or focus unduly on cars.

      I want to invite CarFree members who are also interested in urban
      and suburban architecture and planning to consider participating in
      the group.

      Bill Moore
      Editor, EVWorld.Com