Re: [CF] The Day After Tomorrow

  • De Clarke
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 6, 2004
      Steven Schoeffler (steve@...) wrote:
      > I didn't think the way they moved was very realistic. Also seemed kinda out
      > of place in more than one way... they didn't really develop in the movie at
      > all, they just broke out and next thing they were in the boat.

      hmmm, interesting (different perceptions of the realism of their motion)...
      I was focussed on the feet and foot pads, which seemed to be flexing (and
      skidding on hard surfaces) in the right way. feet are difficult to get
      right, whether human, animal, or monster :-) dunno about their pack
      dynamic or overall body language though, as I have not observed real
      wolves really chasing real prey in snow and ice...

      agree about the plot discontinuity; but among the long, long list of
      improbabilities -- weird physics, mysteriously long-lived batteries for
      personal portable devices etc -- it was a minor consideration. just
      hollywood-itis.

      de

      :Mail: de@... | Your planet's immune system is trying to get rid :
      :Web: www.ucolick.org | of you. --Kurt Vonnegut :
      :1024D/B9C9E76E | F892 5F17 8E0A F095 05CD EE8B D169 EDAA B9C9 E76E:
    • peterm5365
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 7, 2004
        I thought the movie was absolutely terrible. I saw it opening weekend
        with a fairly crowded house. The main reaction I noted were laughs at
        really inappropriate times (like people being killed by a bus). The
        wolves had to be one of the worst parts. They were far too demonic.
        Real wolves are much more slight and I don't believe I've ver heard
        one snarl. It's someone counter-productive when sneaking up on your
        prey. They also were far too adamant in chasing these people.

        I did, however, enjoy the VP. especially when the younger looking
        president comes in and ask the VP what they should do. That was
        probably the most chilling and realistic part of the movie.
      • JamesJFitz@Juno.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 7, 2004
          On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 "peterm5365" writes:

          > I thought the movie was absolutely terrible. I saw it opening
          > weekend with a fairly crowded house. The main reaction I noted
          > were laughs at really inappropriate times (like people being
          > killed by a bus).

          This is the type of 'audience participation' I was checking for.
          The movie is obviously (to some) dark humor. People getting
          killed by a bus has nothing to do with climate change so they
          just put it in there to get some laughs.

          > The wolves had to be one of the worst parts.
          > They were far too demonic. Real wolves are much more slight
          > and I don't believe I've ver heard one snarl. It's someone
          > counter-productive when sneaking up on your prey. They also
          > were far too adamant in chasing these people.

          It sounds like the wolves are the only ones smart enough to
          'get it'. You're supposed to root for them... out loud!

          > I did, however, enjoy the VP. especially when the younger
          > looking president comes in and ask the VP what they should do.
          > That was probably the most chilling and realistic part of the
          > movie.

          They shoulda had the AG in the movie, he's OSD (one scarry dude).

          Jim (a J from MA)

          Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!