8646Re: [CF] Surgery becomes popular option to battle obesity

  • Kevan Smith
    Dec 1, 2003
      At 06:00 AM 12/1/2003 -0600, Robert J. Matter wrote:

      >Surgery becomes popular option to battle obesity
      >Many say benefits are worth the risks

      I suppose by now many of us know someone who has had the procedure done. I
      know a person who has, and he rides bike with our local club. When I first
      saw him, he showed me his driver's license photo, and it was some huge guy
      who looked nothing like him. The surgery, learning a better diet and
      exercise have undoubtedly mad him a healthier person. However, because he
      doesn't absorb as many nutrients as before, he bonks sooner. To make up for
      it, he rides at a moderate pace.
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic