7104Re: Another Mystery Person

  • Rachel <rachel@ramblesandbyways.com>
    Mar 2, 2003
      --- In CarFree@yahoogroups.com, Ken Kifer <kenkifer@k...> wrote:
      > Very oddly this forum has received several posts from people who
      had never
      > posted before or since, all opposed to comments against the space
      program!

      I lurk regularly and have been carfree for several years. I'm not
      opposed to comments against the space program but I am opposed to a
      blanket condemnation of the space program as I feel that not only do
      we learn from it but it fills a need for exploration and hope for
      many people. Saving the snail darter just isn't going to cut it as a
      final frontier for most people. I think we need to not only save the
      earth but also look out to the stars. If we neglect either we will
      deny something in us that both wants to protect our home and go into
      the unknown.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic