562Re: Shower at workplace

  • Al Raden
    Feb 18, 2000
      I think it is a very reasonable request. As you indicated, they've not yet poured concrete, so the
      cost would be much less than doing it later. I'm in Boca Raton Florida, and there is a law being
      discussed at the local level which would require showers for all new office construction or major
      renovation.

      That being said, I commute about 5-1/2 miles in the hot, humid South Florida weather, and don't have
      shower facilities at work It's amazing what you can do with a wet washcloth and a bit of alcohol
      (rubbing, not drinking).

      As for pulling rank, that's what contacts are for. Whenever I've pulled rank in the past, I've
      always told my immediate supervisor that I was doing so to prevent him/her from being blindsided.
      Explain that it's not personal, it's just something you feel strongly about.

      - al

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic