5230Re: Air Conditioning, Cars, and livable places

  • silver_ra
    Jun 5, 2002
      --- In CarFree@y..., John Snyder <JCSnyder.studio@w...> wrote:
      > It's a topic that comes up every year about this time in
      > North American, how can bicyclists and pedestrians cope
      > with the heat?

      I live in Tucson AZ which has already gone over 100. I usually walk
      or bike to work with an occasional bus ride. I actually bike more in
      the summer since I get a breeze which I don't get with walking. I
      drink a lot of water and even wet down my face and hair though you
      have to be careful with this or you'll wash off the sunblock. I
      don't do long rides but find that if I take my time, ride slow, and
      use lots of water, inside and out, biking isn't too bad, though I do
      admit I ride the bus much more in the summer than the rest of the
      year.
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic